Monday, August 12, 2019

July 2019 Garden News


We started off the month by visiting our son in Agnes Water, it was a nice few day’s relaxing away from the garden.





Coming home we found two stowaways in our car, so our two Grand-daughters stayed with us for a few days.


They had a great time picking the Carambola fruit and even set up a stall to sell them, they did not make much money but had some fun doing it.


We only had one presentation during the month and that was to ‘Roselovers’, we have been there on quite a few occasions and they really appreciate us going there.
My new toy arrived and I put it to good use in the Caladium, Blood Lily and vegetable gardens.
All gardens had bags of Rocky-point ‘Active16’ and cow manure tilled into the soil.



My new photo album arrived and I am very pleased with it.








I dug out the Hippeastrum garden and tilled the soil then Judy replanted all the bulbs.

Of course we went to the Nambour Garden Expo again, perhaps it was just me but I felt it was not as good as usual, did not buy many plants. Parking was a problem as the car park was not open at 8 am and Police told us to move on, half an hour later we finally made it through the gate.


New project all finished and looking good, this was the 6th new project this year.



We are going to open again this year on the 23 and 24 th November. This will be our 18th ‘Open garden’, I wonder if that’s a record?

Our son Scott competed in the World Disabled Water Ski Championships in Norway and against some very stiff opposition won GOLD in the jump.











No comments: