Another metre of soil on the garden, this time Judy dug up the ‘Blood Lily’ bulbs and then I topped up the bed with almost a metre of soil.
It’s incredible but it is still raining, another two inches.
The second weekend was spent mowing, first time this has been done for months. I then went all round the garden with watering cans filled with seaweed and trace elements, a big job and I could hardly move afterwards.
Due to the drought and the recent rain the weeds have come up like no other year, I will have to spray a few times to clean up the lawns.
I (foolishly) decided to extend the pool area deck prior to ‘Open Garden’; it will extend so that it meets the garden and will have a nice curved edge.
I took the Friday off work and dug 16 holes and cemented all the posts for the deck then on the second day I put all the bearers in place, which was a big job, took almost 50 metres of 100 x 38 pine rails with no timber left and almost 250 screws. It was a very big weekend and it was good to come back to work for a rest from physical labour. Our Solar System sprung a leak on Wednesday so I had to stay at home to wait for the tradesmen to arrive, so that gave me a chance to start on the actual decking which I did and was four lengths short. I found the rectangular fish pond that I have been looking for and it arrived yesterday, its full steam ahead.
It was a very busy weekend which saw the last of the decking finished (140 lineal metres) and oiled. The edging pavers were cemented in and the path filled with crusher dust, I also built a ramp and levelled the concrete step and sealed the fish pond. Phew it’s been a hard slog and has cost about 100% more than I estimated; (about $1000) imagine how much it would of cost if I had hired someone in to do it for me. Anyway the finished product looks really good and has given us a really nice outdoor area, will be great over the Christmas break.