Thursday, September 30, 2010

September 2010 Garden News







I gave a presentation to the Geranium Society at New Farm and although I am not a fan of these plants my talk was well received, a very nice friendly club.
I also gave a presentation to our local Neighbourhood Watch group.
We had a bus tour from the ‘Sunshine Coast Bromeliad Society’ who all enjoyed the garden and most went home with some new plants.
Channel 7s ‘The Great South East’ filmed here and by all accounts it should be a good segment. It will be shown on Sunday 24 October at 5.30pm (only in Quensland) and will highlight our open garden.
Our local Elders produce store has just closed what a shame as we had a very good relationship with the owner and it was a great place to buy our garden needs.
We have had some great rain this month; not having to use any tank water on the garden or waste hours watering.
I went around the whole garden with watering cans of mixed kelp soil conditioner mixed with blood and bone and micro nutrients that I had mixed in a 200 litre drum of rainwater, in all I used about 2500 litres (lot of watering cans)
This year’s open garden should be good as it will be our first NOT IN DROUGHT what a difference from previous years especially last year when we went almost seven months without a drop of rain.
We deserve good weather this year as the last two openings were plagued with bad weather.
We have another three bus tours before open garden, plus a new grand-daughter somewhere in between.
I have put my name down to be an open garden selector, more work but it’s in a good cause.
This year has flown, it’s been so busy and next year looks like being the same, I already have garden talk bookings for 2011.
My new website 'Garden Product Reviews' is doing well, getting lots of hits, found at: http://www.gardenproductreviews.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW Ian you are so busy, your pleasure in and enthusiasm for your garden is wonderful, truly inspirational, thanks.Jeanne.