Monday, April 06, 2020

March 2020 Garden News


Prior to the big lock-down due to the Wuhan virus, yes, I have called it that because that is where it originated.
The sooner these so-called wet markets are forced to close the better.
Anyway, prior to this we had a visit from Springdale Garden Club, not a lot of members but those who came really enjoyed the garden.











All or garden events bus trips, presentations are of course cancelled or put on hold.
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if we could open for November and give garden lovers a long awaited garden fix, anyway, just have to wait and see?
I think my immune system is pretty good as I take Bee Pollen and Olive Leaf extract every day and never get cold’s or flu, fingers crossed.
I am worried about Judy as she has Rheumatoid Arthritis which is a disease of the immune system and of course my eldest son Scott who is a paraplegic with impaired lung capacity.
Just hope we can get through this time unscathed.
We have no problem isolating ourselves as we have an acre of gardens to maintain and Judy is still propagating her lovely plants.
I am working hard in the garden doing a big clean up and refurbishing older gardens.
One of the job’s done was to replace some old thatch in the pool gazebo area, a bit of an experiment using bamboo, see how it goes, much cheaper than replacing thatch. As well as that I had to remove some of the decking and replace it with pebbles.






I am 75 shortly and do not relate to the age restrictions advised, Judy feels the same. I suppose you are only as old as you feel and I certainly do not feel anywhere near 75.
Here are some pictures taken in the garden this month to cheer you up.

















Please stay safe and we wish you the best of health and of course keep on gardening.
All the best from Ian and Judy.

No comments: