Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Garden News February 2020


Well what a wet month we had, over half a metre of rain fell during the month, and was it ever needed as the garden was parched and all water tanks were empty.
The tanks are now all overflowing and what a relief not to spend hours and hours watering the garden.
What a difference rain makes.































On the downside the whole month was incredibly hot and humid, at the end of a days work I had to virtually squeeze the moisture out of my work clothes.
A lot of the crusher dust pathways washed away and will need redoing when it gets cooler.
No garden presentations or bus visits from garden clubs during the month but we did host a meeting of ‘The International Cordyline Society’ which was attended by just over 50 members.

I gave my ‘Aroids Colour and Orchids’ presentation which was well received.
Looks like it is going to be a quiet year for visiting Garden Clubs and Bus trips.
I had to carry out some major work on the pool deck as some of the decking supports had rotted.
It was a big job getting all the old timber out and once it was cleared, I decided to do something different rather than replace the timber.



I have put up a couple more frames for shade cloth to protect our plants from the summer sun.
We went to a meeting of ‘The Aroid Society’ and I took along some spare Amorphophallus to hopefully sell, most sold so that was good.


No comments: