Sunday, June 07, 2015

May garden news is a little bit late this month as believe it or not we have been on holiday.
We spent six days at Agnes Water/1770 which is the longest holiday we have had since I can remember.
We went up there to see our son Warrick and his family who seem to have stopped their round Australia venture to settle down in Agnes Water.
It was lovely to bond again with our Grand Daughters Charlotte and Celeste.
I really do not blame them as it is a truly beautiful part of the world.
We will of course miss them so much as they used to live only a couple of streets away.
We gave presentations to ‘Glebe Garden Club’, ‘Golden Downs Retirement village’ and ‘Victoria Point Garden Club’ during the month.
I woke up one morning to heavy rain and made a decision to start a long awaited bathroom renovation, our came the jack hammer and all my tools and I stripped the bathroom completely even taking out the sub floor. I then replaced a lot of wall board that was damaged.
I would not touch the tiling as that is to me a professional job and lucky for us we know a great tiler.
We have had some good rain and all the tanks are still full, what a relief going into winter (our dry period) with full tanks, hopefully this year will not be as stressful as others.
I have started my mulching program and have already used 25 bales of sugar cane mulch, I am a bit late doing it this year and will need to order some more.
My Facebook page ‘The Giving Garden’ is doing really well with almost 800 followers.
Sorry but there’s not a lot happened this month so for May it’s short and sweet.

Enjoy the photos.

No comments: