Monday, November 12, 2012

Our 2012 Open Garden

It's only a few day's until we open.
I must admit I was getting very stressed with the lack of rain and the severe winds we have had this Spring.
Last Saturday a great weight was lifted off my shoulders, we actually had 30 mills of rain.
That was the greatest sound I have ever heard.
The lawns are turning green already and the plants are smiling.
Unfortunately the rain was followed by gale winds again, but you have to be thankful for small mercies.
The garden will look good, but not lush, the costus, gingers and heliconias have suffered from the winds and do look a bit ragged.
Judy as usual has a great selection of plants for sale, in fact it's worth coming just for that.
Given the circumstances I do not think any of our visitors will be disappointed.
The Courier Mail's 'Qweekend' magazine will be featuring me on Saturday 24th November, I will be an 'Ordinary Person'.

No comments: