I made a good start on this year’s new project having all rocks, paver mowing strip and drain cemented into place and the base is ready for the new tank which arrives next week.
Lots of soaking rain, best I have seen for years, not much I could do in the garden due to the wet weather, and that something that has not happened at least for seven years.
Another rain water tank arrived from Bundaberg Plastics and is in place. This now gives us 65000 litres of water, I am pretty sure this will make us drought proof.
I have now plumbed all tanks with proper fittings and pipe with taps situated where they are most needed.
The lawns are growing like crazy and of course my ride on has broken down and so far it’s been three weeks waiting for parts, it’s a big job to mow it all with the hand mower as I did last weekend.
I am always thinking that my weekends will get easier but of course that is just not true, now that things are finally growing there are lots of trees and shrubs to trim.
If it’s not the cycads being eaten then it’s the abutilons now I find there is a plague of grasshoppers munching merrily through my beautiful cordylines, pests are becoming rampant. Not sure if I have mentioned it before but the lychee crop was eaten by flying foxes way before becoming ripe.
This weekend’s job is to mow, then point in between the rocks in the new garden then build a bridge across the new front drain.
After a hard long weekend the new front garden is complete all but a truck load of soil, rocks have been pointed and a bridge built, all looks good.